Workplace injuries and TPD claims

If you have an illness or injury that you sustained at work, you may be eligible to make a workers’ compensation claim. However, you may not know that you could also be entitled to total and permanent disability (TPD) insurance benefits if your injury means that you have to cease working. At Littles, we are compensation law experts, including workers’ compensation and insurance law. If you’ve been injured at work, let Littles help. We can provide a FREE initial consultation and help you understand all of your options. This blog highlights key points you need to be aware of.

I’ve been injured at work. What do I do?

Workers’ compensation entitlements differ between jurisdictions and also depend on the circumstances of the injury or illness. Find out more about how Littles can help if you’ve suffered from a workplace injury here.

What is TPD insurance?

TPD insurance is provided through most Australians’ superannuation funds, and is designed to provide people with a safety net if they cannot work for any medical reason. Unfortunately, many people are unaware that they even have it or that they’re entitled to access it should they stop working – despite the fact they’ve diligently paid their premiums out of their hard-earned super.

Can I make a TPD claim without accessing my workers’ compensation payments or benefits?

A workplace illness or injury can cause significant distress. This can be made worse if you are no longer able to work because of that illness or injury, as you worry about both your future health and financial wellness. In this situation, you deserve to have all your rights and options laid out for you. In most cases, TPD benefits can be paid in addition to your worker’s compensation benefits. TPD insurance is held in your super account, and benefits are paid into your super account as a lump sum. Most states and territories allow you to access the TPD insurance benefits out of your super without the withdrawal impacting on your workers’ compensation entitlements. However, there are some important exceptions to this, which is why it crucial to seek expert legal advice.

Why Littles?

If you have ceased work due to a workplace injury, you’re likely worried about how you’re going to provide for yourself and your family. Seeking high quality legal advice that provides you with a clear understanding of all available options can be an important part of getting peace of mind. Not all law firms are created equal, and some may only be able to advise on one part of your claim. At Littles, we are experts in workers’ compensation and insurance law, and can join the dots where others can’t.

Don’t delay – seek advice now

If you have an illness or injury that prevents you from working, you might be worrying about how you are going to pay your bills and put food on the table. You could be entitled to receive a TPD lump sum, as well as other insurance benefits. Get in touch with Littles for a free super claims check. We can help you understand what you’re entitled to. Know where you stand, and get peace of mind.

Free advice and no upfront fees

Not only do we offer a FREE claims check – we handle most insurance claims on a no win, no fee basis.

Get in touch with the workers’ compensation and insurance law experts: 

If you might have a claim, get in touch with Sugath and Rowan and know your rights.

Like? Share it with your friends.

Contact the Author


More Articles

新州工傷賠償:什麼是獨立醫療檢查 Independent Medical Examination(“IME”)?

獨立醫療檢查 Independent Medical Examination (“IME”) 是由具有適當資格和經驗的醫生進行的醫學評估,以幫助解決工傷賠償管理中的問題。  保險公司可以安排 IME 來確定:   • 診斷   • 工傷是怎麼發生的  • 治療原因和是否合理必要   • 建議療程  • 公傷前工作能力和工時  • 恢復的可能性和時間範圍  • 其他合適的工作職責和能力   • 工傷引起的喪失能力   • 身體能力和任何必須避免的活動   • 評估您的永久性損傷程度 (“Whole...

Read More